Here at Grove Road Tyres we have been supplying and fitting part worn tyres since 1976. We have over 36 years experience in this field and are market leaders. We have the largest stock collection in the South East and every tyre we supply has been graded and tested to government standards to make sure they are 100% safe and roadworthy.
Nowadays and especially in the current economic climate, more and more people are looking for a cheaper way to replace worn out tyres on their cars and with some high performance cars using bigger tyres as standard (some Porsches for example have a 305/30/19 tyre on the rear, the cost of a new tyre is over £350 each!), fitting Part Worn Tyres is a sensible alternative for all types of vehicles. Tyres are priced according to tread depth and our customers purchase part worns for anything from a mini to a van to a Porsche or Bentley.
Why buy Part-Worn Tyres?
Most people seem to think Part worn Tyres are just for people who can’t afford new but this is not the case – part worn tyres can have between 3 and 8mm of tread but are priced at a fraction of the new cost. For instance a new 175/65×14 will cost between £50 and £80 plus VAT. A part worn at Grove Road Tyres will cost between £12 and £20 including VAT and fitting. Better overall safety and value for money. All our tyres are triple checked by us – when they arrive in our stock and are Pressure Tested before they are made ready to sell and again when they are fitted – so you can be 100% sure they are fit for purpose.
When you buy a second-hand car your buying part worn tyres with it instantly! Most car dealers also buy part worn!
Our nearly new tyres have a minimum tread depth of 7mm.
Under the Motor Vehicle Tyres (Safety) Regulations 1994, a part worn tyre must not have:
- Cuts longer than 25mm – or 10% of the section width of the tyre – which are deep enough to reach the ply or cord
- Lumps, bulges or tears caused by separation or failure of the tyre’s structure
- Any penetration damage that has not been repaired
- Any of the internal or external cord or ply exposed
Part-worn tyres must also be properly marked. They have to:
- Show all the original markings for their type and design, including speed ratings and load indexes
- Feature the words ‘part worn’ in capital letters at least four millimetres high (this must be permanent, legible and not be made by cutting or branding)
- Be inspected internally if they are to be sold on the rim.
Some outlets sell part-worn tyres that do not meet these standards, which means they might have suffered internal damage – and could be dangerous.
Don’t buy part-worn tyres EXCEPT THROUGH REPUTABLE AND REGULATED RETAILERS such as ourselves.
Please call or email for a quote.
© Copyright 2013 by Grove Road Tyres. All Rights Reserved.